Joel W. Richardson, Jr.
XMi High Growth Development Fund, LLC
Joel W. Richardson, Jr. serves as the Chief Manager and General Counsel of The Lupton Company, LLC. The Lupton Company is a family office established from the sale of the Lupton family’s Coca-Cola Bottling Companies. Prior to joining The Lupton Company in 1997, Mr. Richardson was a partner at the law firm of Miller & Martin from 1977 through 1997, and an associate and partner of Witt, Gaither, Abernathy & Will from 1961 to 1977. During his entire legal career, Mr. Richardson focused on the legal affairs of the Lupton family.
Mr. Richardson’s currently serves in the following capacities:
- Chief Manager of The Lupton Company, LLC. Mr. Richardson is responsible for developing relationships with many of the Private Equity and Venture Capital Managers in which the John T. Lupton Trust invests. Mr. Richardson is responsible for the overall management and operation of all aspects of the Lupton Family Office.
- Trustee of the John T. Lupton Trust and other family trusts for the benefit of John T. Lupton and family members. (He has served as a Trustee of the John T. Lupton Trust from its inception in 1977 to date).
- Of Counsel to Miller & Martin, PLLC. Mr. Richardson still serves the estate planning and corporate legal needs of several clients outside of the Lupton family.
- Member of the Board and President of The Honors Course, Inc.
- Member of the Board of Nivis, LLC, an Industrial wireless company based in Atlanta, Georgia.
During his legal career, Mr. Richardson was a member of the Board and served as Secretary of the various Coca-Cola bottling interest owed by the Lupton Family, including, Dallas Coca-Cola Bottling Company, Denver Coca-Cola Bottling Company, Florida Coca-Cola Bottling Company, Houston Coca-Cola Bottling Company, and Phoenix Coca-Cola Bottling Company. Mr. Richardson was an integral part of the team that negotiated the sale of the various Bottling Companies to Coca-Cola. Subsequently, Mr. Richardson served on the Board of the Arnold Palmer Golf Company for 1998 until the sale of its assets and dissolution in 2000.
Mr. Richardson holds a B.A. and L.L.B. from Vanderbilt University and is a member of the American Bar Association and the Tennessee Bar Association.